Follow my book blog Friday is a weekly meme where you go around and meet other bloggers and follow each other, hosted by Parajunkee’s View. This weeks question is:
Q. It’s circle time. Time for us to open up and share. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them…
1. I like to chew on soda caps. I don’t remember when or why it started, but it’s something I do now. Probably isn’t very god for my teeth though.
2. I saw Avatar in theaters 9 times. Would have gone for a tenth time if my theater had done the rerelease in August, but no go.
3. I love all things Jane Austen. Emma and Pride and Prejudice are tied for my favorites.
4. I set up my workstation at work the exact same way every single day. I’m kind’ve OCD about it.
5. I’ve given up McDonalds and candy for the rest of May and June, and hopefully after that long without I’ll have just completely forgot about them and won’t have to actively avoid them.
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books, a way to find new bloggers and friends, get to know each other. This week’s question is:
Q: If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?
That is a tough question. There are so many different worlds to choose from. I’d probably say either Jacqueline Carey’s world in the first Kushiel trilogy (Dart, Chosen, Avatar) Terre D’Ange, or Anne Bishop’s Dark Jewel’s world with the three realms (Light, Shadow, Hell), probably the Shadow Realm. Although I’d probably also choose Brandon Sanderson’s Elantris world, another favorite of mine. I’d love to meet Elantrians and see the magic they perform in person. There are way too many choices. What would be even better is if you could just take a vacation and visit all those places in one big tour where you could take your time exploring each destination.