Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish
- Fallen Angel series by Heather Terrell – I remember not being all that impressed with this book. I used to be kind of OCD-ish with series too, like if I started one then I had to read every book in the series. Blogging thankfully has actually stripped me of that habit.
- The Iron Witch series by Karen Mahoney – Another one I wasn’t really all that impressed with. Thought about reading the second one. I’ll probably get it as a sample on the kindle first to see if I really want to continue with it.
- The Falling Under series by Gwen Hayes – Pretty much same thing as the above two on the list.
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare – PLEASE DON’T KILL ME OVER THIS ONE! I know there are many who love it. I think it’s all right. I’m not in any hurry to catch up, but I do plan on doing so some day.
- The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind – I loved this series up through book 6. Book 7, The Pillars of Creation was all right. Somehow after reading that though I just couldn’t find the motivation to keep reading. Maybe I’ll catch up once he finally finishes this series, but honestly I think Richard and Kahlan have been through enough. WHY KEEP DOING THESE THINGS TO THEM!
- The Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton – Think I got through 6 or 7 books on this one too and then I’m sorry BUT TOO MUCH SEX. Way more than in the previous books, and if I recall correctly, there were like orgies or something going on too. I don’t know. It just got out of hand and was a little too much for me.
- Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher – I honestly don’t know why I stopped in the middle of this series. It’s fantasy, I love fantasy. Since I hate the new tall mass market paperbacks reissues I’ll probably just get these on the kindle and finish them up.
- House of Night series by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast – Burnt out on vampires.
- The Lying Game series by Sara Shepard – I don’t even know why I got behind on this series either. I really liked the first book. Might be they were coming out a little too fast for me, since I buy books faster than I read them, and two of these come out a year. So many books, so little time.
- The Immortals series by Alyson Noel – Think this one was on the tail end of a paranormal burn out. I’m back to reading paranormal in general so maybe I’ll continue with this. Another series for the kindle!
I’m amazed I keep up with as many series as I do. It helps when I’m starting them right as they’re first published. But so many out there that I’m in the middle of, more than what’s on this list. Some I definitely want to continue, others not so much. How about you guys? What are your top ten unfinished series?