I went a little overboard this year with the DAC, so I’m going to just make sure I get the 12 minimum read. If I read more than that, awesome. But I’m not going to try to read as many as I possibly can in the year like I tried this year, since I just kind of burned out on it a few months ago. Here’s the info from Kristi’s blog at The Story Siren!
- To read & review a minimum of twelve young adult or middle grade debut novels between the dates of January 1, 2012 – January 31, 2013.*
*The 2013 extension is so that December Debuts can be read and count toward the challenge.
- Any advance reader copies you read from 2012 BEFORE the January 1st start date DO NOT count toward the challenge!
- You can read twelve books in one month, or one book a month. It doesn’t matter as long as you have 12 read by the end of the year!
RULES & GUIDELINES:
- You must have a Blog to post your reviews or be a member of Goodreads.
- Your blog must be written in English.
- Deadline to join is May 31, 2012.
- Must be a young adult or middle grade title.
- Must be the author’s YA or MG debut, released in 2012.
- If an author has a previous novel published for adults or children, they can still qualify for the challenge.
- If an author has a previous YA or MG title, they do not qualify for the challenge.
Here is where I’ll keep my list of what I’ve read. This list is subject to change depending on mood, and what I receive and/or buy.
- Forbidden by Syrie James and Ryan M. James
- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Partials by Dan Wells
- Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame
- Grave Mercy by Robin LeFevers
- Wrecked by Anna Davies
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
- Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
- Survive by Alex Morel
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long